Expecting God’s Help will host the annual Hawkins County Justice Center Prayer Walk this Sunday, May 17th from 2:00 – 4:00pm. Approximately 20 prayer stations will be set up around the Justice Center for attendees to stop and pray. There will be no parking allowed at the Justice Center during the walk. Attendees are asked to park at the Rogersville City Park where transportation will pick them up and drop them off at the Justice Center and then return them to their cars afterward.
“Sheriff Lawson has personally told me that he, his staff and even many of the prisoners have revealed they have felt the power of the prayers being said on that day” EGH member, Dr. Blaine Jones said. Volunteers are still needed to bring and drive vans or busses and they can call Alice Snodgrass at 423-272-6648 to make arrangements.
1. Be still and recognize His presence: Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth. Psalm 46:10KJV
2. Worship Him!!!: O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the LORD our maker. Psalm95:6KJV
3. Pray for Repentance: Ask God to forgive us as His people for falling to take a stand earlier to teach His ways to our people and to follow Him.
4. Pray for your personal forgiveness: for any sins you have not confessed to God.
5. Pray for Christians to unite across denominational lines: Focus on loving and not criticizing people from other churches. Ask for unity of purpose and Unity of believers.
6. Pray for God to expose the darkness and all corruption: in law enforcement, elected officials, judicial systems, and for those positions to be filled with people who obey God. Commit to let Him SHINE His light through YOU however he chooses.
7. Pray for the addicted and the children of the addicted: drugs, alcohol, sex, pornography, gambling, on-line shopping, etc. Jesus came for the sick and to free those in captivity to sin.
8. Pray for humbleness: so that YOU will not judge those with addictions. Pray that God will change your prejudices toward them, and replace it with love.
9. Pray for victims: of drug and alcohol related violence and for domestic violence. Every drug offense impacts 11 other people.
10. Pray for grandparents and foster families and all Caregivers: raising children of the addicted.
11. Pray for marriages and homes: to be healed, rebuilt, and grounded in faith in God.
12. Pray for judges and the judicial system to have wisdom in determining every case before them.
13. Pray for drug dealers and illegal prescription drug providers to be stopped and drawn to Christ.
14. Pray for drug courts: rehabilitation facilities, and counseling services to be provided in every county.
15. Pray for imprisoned inmates: to be drawn to Christ and for churches to welcome and support them when released.
16. Pray for economic recovery in our area to provide jobs and stop the dependence on dealing, stealing, and growing drugs.
17. Pray for churches to be beacons of Hope to those with hurts, habits and hang-ups.
18. Pray for YOUR commitment to find a church where YOU can serve humbly in the body of Christ.
19. Pray for our schools, teachers, administrators and pastors and churches to work along legal guidelines in a way to provide God’s help to those who seek Him.
20. Pray for law enforcement and undercover officers; fire fighters; first responders - for their safety, for wisdom, and for their protection against the temptation to become corrupt.
Thank you for your interest in joining the Community Choir for the Expecting God’s Help worship event taking place on May 9th from 10:00am-11:00am. This event will take place in the Cherokee High School Gymnasium. On this page, you will find sheet music and mp3’s for each song to help you prepare for the event. All rehearsals will take place at Hope Community Church located at 4163 Highway 11W, Rogersville, TN. On some songs, you will be asked to perform on the choruses, but some will require that you do the entire song. The choir will be performing with a live band. If you have any questions at all, feel free to contact us!
Friday, April 24th 6:00pm-8:00pm
Tuesday, April 28th 6:00pm-8:00pm
Friday, May 8th 6:00pm-8:00pm
Saturday, May 9th 8:00am (At Cherokee) (Day of event)
LINKS TO THE FILES YOU WILL NEED:
Recent Press Release
The Rogersville faith based organization Expecting God’s Help is at it again.They are currently in the planning stages of the largest ever, countywide “Praise and Worship” event in Hawkins County history. The Praise and Worship Rally is scheduled for Saturday, May 9th, 2014 at 10:00am in the Cherokee High School gymnasium. Expecting God’s Help wants anyone and everyone to come to the service. “We all believe in the same God, we all worship the same Jesus, so let us all come together as ONE, in Unity to praise and worship Our Lord and Savior” said EGH member Sue Thomas. “We want to overcome any denominational boundaries. We do not want race, creed or color to be any hindrance whatsoever. We are all ONE in the eyes of Jesus and we want everyone to come and worship and praise with us as ONE” said Elizabeth Lewis, another of the organizers.
“We are planning on having a great mixture of music for Praise and Worship. If you worship by raising your hands to the heavens or if you praise by simply sitting quiet and to yourself, or if it is something in between the two, please make plans to attend this event to show that we are all ONE. We have been asking God to help us in everything, now it is time to offer Him thanks with our worship and praise” said Dr. Blaine Jones, a member of EGH. A mix of music and prayer is being planned for the service and all of it is aimed at praising and worshiping God. “We have never had an event like this one” said Pastor Rip Noble, another of the EGH planners. “We have always had prayer walks or rallies to ask for God’s help but we have never dedicated one of our events solely to praising and worshiping God” he continued.
The Expecting God’s Help group has set a tentative plan of events for the 2015 calendar year. On Sunday, May 17th the annual “Hawkins County Justice Center Prayer Walk” will take place. Sunday, August 2nd is tentatively set to be a time to pray for our schools, teachers, students, etc. as the annual “Hawkins County Schools Prayer Walk” is being planned. Other events may be planned as well. All of the Expecting God’s Help events are open to anyone whether they are from Hawkins County or not. Expecting God’s Help is a part of the 501c3 non profit organization Four Square, Inc. in Rogersville. The EGH organizers are very excited for this upcoming event and they are all hoping for an enthusiastic and overwhelming response. For more information, visit their Facebook page or the website www.Expecting-Gods-Help.com.
Expecting God’s Help is seeking the participation of all residents of Hawkins County. With a very inspiring event on the way, there is a need for a countywide choir. Organization of the choir is being led by local music leaders Michael Morley, Ben Davenport , Doug Seymore and Josh Rector. They are hoping to assemble the largest choir to ever perform in Hawkins County for a very special EGH event that is coming up - and possibly more in the very near future. Any and all are invited to participate in this special coming together of our fellow Christian believers to sing in worship and praise of the Heavenly Father.
The first event will be a Hawkins County Praise and Worship Rally at Cherokee High School. This will be scheduled and announced very soon. Expecting God’s Help has been organizing Prayer Walks and Rallies for several years now. Most of the events have been geared towards asking God for help in many areas and involving all of Hawkins County. “This event will be structured to only honor and offer praise to God” stated Alice Snodgrass, one of the EGH organizers. “Attendees will be able to worship in their own way as several styles of music and song will be presented” said Sue Thomas, another of the EGH organizers.